Thursday, August 26, 2010

i tried to look quiet and look at the signs. before i went to sleep, i always prayed so that ill wake up the next day. 7 hours ago...when i was dreaming, i dreamt something bad. It put my family at stake. i cant deny, i was really scared. as stupid and extremely impossible it can be, i dreamt about terrorism. And my brother was at hostage. As much as annoying he could be, as obnoxious he can get, i still care about my brother. no, i dont wish to tell my parents, but in that dream, he died. And i woke up bursting into tears. this is the 2nd bad dream i had this year.

it all started on an absolutely beautiful morning, the sky was bright blue and cloudless. the weather was warm with just a touch of autumn in the air. i remember the day before i was lousy, rainy and chilly. i really didn't want to go to the my dad's office that day but instead, i decided to go cause my brother wanted to see my dad that day.
we caught the express bus to town as i usually do whenever i go there. the ride from our place was smooth and uneventful, the traffic was lighter than normal. as we were passing through the 2nd city i remember thinking that the twin towers seemed exceptionally beautiful, gleaming under the bright sun and crystal clear sky. there aren't too many days a year like that in kl. as a matter a fact, i can't recall a day since then where the sky has been as clear and perfect as it was that day.

when we reached the building, we boarded the bus and head upstairs. we were just at the wrong place at the wrong time. masked man, heads covered with black snow caps to keep their identity pointed a gun at my little brother's head, a man threatened me so that i wouldnt run. no this is not what i pull out from a movie, i really dreamt about this. somehow everyone armed forces came after a few hours the hostage were trapped, including my brother and i...still yet my dad is nowhere to be found. ill just skip the story, i met my dad outside, after i escaped he was on his lunch break so he wasnt in the office. we waited and waited...yet theres nothing heard from the lady holding the radio reporting every single thing thats happening inside the building.

i lost my brother half an hour later. he died with a gunshot wound on his right chest. the guy sitting next to me said "i never saw anything like that in my life, only in the movies."



i hated this as much as dreaming someone i liked with another girl. and apparently it came true. i just hope this one doesnt. i know its all in my head, but anything can happen. ive faced accidents, ive fractured a bone, ive lost a family member...and infact we all have experienced ups and downs: the ultimate downfall of our lives. im not here asking for sympathy nor am i boasting about my loss, im just trying to point out that we should care about the things we have around us before its put away to sleep forever.

5 comments: